However, not all tubes are suitable for use in a peristaltic pump. The following criteria are important when selecting a tube:
- Chemical resistance
- Food grade quality
- Tube life
- Physical compatibility
Verderprene - General purpose tubing
The standard choice for use in peristaltic tube pumps.
This white coloured tube has:
- Excellent mechanical strength
- Wide chemical resistance, excellent strength against oxidising agents (ozone, peroxides and hypochlorides)
- Temp. range: +10°C to + 85°C (50°F to 185°F)
- Food Grade Meets FDA criteria
- Can be autoclaved
- Compatible with most CIP solutions and SIP
Silicone - High Sterility Tubing
A translucent medical/food grade tubing which is odourless, non-toxic and has FDA and USP Class VI approvals.
- Autoclavable and is used in many applications
- Temp. range: - 20 to + 80°C (-4°F to 185°F)
- Meets FDA and EC1935 USP Class VI
- Platinum cured for reduced residual levels of siloxanes and other volatiles
- Reduced spallation than Verderprene
Tygon - Chemical fluids tubing
Specifically designed to handle many fuels and industrial lubricants this tubing resists the swelling and hardening caused by the chemical attack due to hydrocarbon based fluids.These properties significantly reduce the risk of failure due to cracking and leakage.
- Temp. range: 0°C to +50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- White colour for positive identification
- Suitable for many fuels, heating oils, glycol, coolants and cutting fluids
Viton - Aggressive chemical tubing
Viton is strong, resilient and flexible tube which provides:
Excellent resistance to corrosive acids, alkalis and some solvents.
- Temp. range: 0°C to + 85°C (32°F to 185°F)
- Resists ozone, sunlight and weathering
- Opaque black color helps protect light sensitive fluids
*For safety reasons we do not recommend pumping liquids greater than 85°C (185°F).