The Verderflex Dura 15 peristaltic pump offered Peterson Packaging a pump capable of gently transferring the ink without creating bubbles, fitted into the limited floor space available and was cost effective.
With a peristaltic pump the ink is completely contained within a hose which is compressed by a rotating roller, this then pushes the ink through and along the hose. On restitution of the hose the resulting vacuum draws more liquid in. This creates a gentle and accurate pumping process. As the liquid is totally contained within the hose there is also no chance of cross contamination or spillage.
The Verderflex Dura range is possibly the most advanced peristaltic hose pump available and its unique design gives it a 70% smaller footprint compared to similar pumps. This was perfect for Peterson Packaging who required 5 pumps to fit in a limited space at the end of each print line.
Peterson Packaging are extremely happy with the results gained after installing the Dura 15 pumps into their printing process.
• There are no longer bubbles in the ink, thanks to the gentle pumping process
• Because the only part that comes into contact with the ink is the hose, it is very easy to clean and maintain.
• Changing colours is quick and easy
• The pump can run dry without any damage
• It is quieter and more efficient to run than the loud and expensive air diaphragm pumps.
• Reduced downtime because the only wearing part is the hose